This month we welcome Accenture’s Head of Sponsorship, Julie Alexander, to the Spotlight. Julie is responsible for Accenture’s innovative sponsorship and hospitality portfolio working with partners such as British Triathlon and the National Theatre.
1. Your career in 1 sentence? A varied career with roles both in-house and agency side in multiple disciplines, specialising in sponsorship.
2. What is the highlight of your career to date? Jumping on a plane to Tokyo to sell in an idea to Sony HQ around the FIFA World Cup – what a city, what an experience!
3. Describe yourself in 3 words Open-minded - I like to try new things and see where the road takes me; determined - I don't give up easily; fun - it's all about balance for me.
4. What is the key to your success? A good mix of personal and professional experiences but ultimately focusing on what I enjoy - it's much easier to be good at something you like doing.
5. Who inspired you and why? My 101 year old grandpa - he grafted all his life to build a successful business from the ground up with total humility and determination.
6. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Don't get too focused on what everyone else is doing, keep focus on you and your own personal development and goals.
7. What advice would you give to your younger self? Learn from your mistakes - they'll help you more than your successes will!
Sign up for our monthly digest on what Synergy think, love and do.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.