|As the Women’s Rugby World Cup kicks off today and the hype around the Red Roses ramp up, we’ve been talking to the RFU’s Director of Digital, Marketing and Communications – Joanna Manning-Cooper about her experience in the sports industry. Read August’s Spotlight is here.|
|1. Your career in a paragraph?|
+20 years in front line communications and marketing roles in fmcg, media and sport
2. The highlight of your career to date?
Probably London 2012 – I was Head of Media and PR and it was a once in a lifetime project to be part of. But I’ve enjoyed all my roles.
3. Please describe yourself in 3 words.
Dreaming of sunshine
4. What is the key to your success?
You can’t achieve anything without hard work.
5. Who inspired you and why?
Marjorie Scardino (I was Director of Communications at the Financial Times when she ran Pearson). She was always brave, imaginative and decent.
6. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t be afraid of what’s on the other side of the mountain. Something my wonderful Mum said many a time, and , as always, she was right.
7. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Enjoy this special time before real life responsibilities kick in.